Sunday, June 30, 2013

Emma Thompson Plastic Surgery Before and After Photos

Emma Thompson has recently given an interview where she claims that plastic surgery goes against her morals. I can understand her to wanting to have a frozen face but I’m not sure what plastic surgery has to do with morals. Emma Thompson & Rachel Weisz has also come out in this article and said that they are against themselves getting plastic surgery. Do you see a trend of actresses in CA cutting back on getting Botox as well as surgery? Do you think that there will be fewer actresses getting or admitting to having plastic surgery as they age?
Emma Thompson: I’ll Never Have Cosmetic Surgery

British actress Emma Thompson has revealed that she will never have cosmetic surgery. Thompson, who recently turned 50, has said that she is looking to grow old gracefully rather than be ‘fiddled with’.

“I’m not fiddling with myself,” Thompson explained to Showbiz Spy. “We’re in this awful youth-driven phase now, where everybody feels they need to look 30 at 60. I hate that. The trick is to age honestly and gracefully.

“I’m taking a year off. That’s my birthday present to myself. I’m not going to act, write or anything like that. I’ll be a mum, teach drama at my daughter’s school, I’ll cook meals and have fun, go out with my friends, I’ll go to movies and not think about working. I’ll see what bubbles up after that.

“As an actor and writer, sometimes I think you have to stop creating and let your brain relax. I think it hones the appetite. I think that’s important.”

Being publicly against plastic surgery is in fashion with many of the Hollywood elite.

When looked at historically, many of the same actresses who speak in such a manner have had plastic surgery themselves. Kate Beckinsale is a good example. She spoke against plastic surgery, but was a former breast implant client.
In this case Emma Thompson herself looks to have probably had a nose job in the 90′s sometime. I am sure she would say that in her case it wasn’t cosmetic. We hear that a lot from the Hollywood types.

I take that which actresses say in a comedic light particularly as it applies to plastic surgery.

Do I think that this latest anti-plastic surgery statement will change anything?

If it causes people to pause before having too much done it might be a good thing. I still believe the biggest problems in plastic surgery today are overindulgence and poor judgement. If either of these issues is affected, it might be beneficial. Some people do listen to celebrities even if they don’t always listen to themselves.

Emma Thompson Takes a Pledge - No Plastic Surgery

Emma Thompson and pals like Kate Winslet, Rachel Weisz, and others have sworn off plastic surgery. Here's a look at  the 52-year-old's style and how she's aging gracefully.

Emma Thompson's No Plastic Surgery Pledge Sisters

Emma Thompson has joined with her pledge sisters Kate Winslet (actually Kate started it) and Rachel Weisz never to have plastic surgery or cosmetic work, meaning no Botox and such.